.

Aug 26, 2014

Vice Pres. Gillen

I always told my dad I was going to be Vice President someday and now with a lot of honor and pride I can say that this day has finally arrived. I started my WAKA  Kickball journey just last spring for my first ever kicking of balls and after an intense season and an even more intense flip cup run I found myself being sworn into Vice Presidency at Legends Bar NE. And as the fall season begins to commence I hope, as VP, that this year will be the fiercest season of kickball and flip cup Painter Park has ever seen. With that I leave you with this little piece of advice from an inspiring movie, Caddyshack.

"There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball" - Chevy Chase (Ty Webb). 

And remember Kickballers, this is the people's sport!

- Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment