.

Jun 25, 2014

Charity Update (Twin Cities)

Can you believe this season is almost over? Neither can we! So before we close out the spring, let me officially introduce our Spring Charity – The Special Olympics of Minnesota. Special Olympics is a global movement of people creating a new world of inclusion and community, a world in which every single person is accepted and welcomed regardless of ability or disability. We like to think WAKA is like that too – all inclusive, no matter how good at flip cup you are. This season, our goal is to help the Special Olympics of Minnesota (SOMN) make the world a better, healthier and more joyful place — one athlete, one volunteer, one family member at a time.


SOMN competitions happen all year in locations across the state – including a large summer Olympics this weekend. Be sure to bring cash on Thursday night for Raffle night and help us raise money to support their events!

Wondering About Prizes? 

Let me introduce your new charity co-chair Melissa to share the exciting prizes…

My name is Melissa. This is my first season playing Waka - Twin Cities but I am no stranger to Waka. I recently moved back from Boston where I played for three years on a team called the Superfreaks and my name was “The Ruthless Avenger"… need I say more! I am pretty much a utility player but like playing 2nd or shortstop when I get a choice. I am glad that Joline and Jackie took me under their wings in the league because our parties rock and I can’t wait to introduce myself on Thursday when we sell raffle tickets. Now… for the prizes…

First Prize: $75 Uber Cab Gift Card
Second Prize: $50 Darby’s Gift Card (that you can use at our playoff party on Saturday)
Third Prize: $25 Mystery Prize!!! 

Keep your eyes out for Jackie and Melissa on Thursday selling raffle tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment